Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life is Good

IMG_1866

"Joy Mandala"
mixed media by eliza lynn tobin
 8x8 prints available here!


I finally have had a chance to get back to work in the studio and finish some of the mandalas I started a few weeks ago. I have put this "Joy Mandala" up in the shop and will be putting up some more new ones in the next few days! 


Gina, of Here and Now, presented me with a "Life is Good" Award! Thank you, Gina! Its good to be reminded every now and then that indeed, life is good! The following are questions that went along with the award prompted me to think about why life is good:

1. Do you have a special gift and what is it?
Ok, so these questions are more difficult than I thought they would be. I think my special gift is my creative drive and desire to carve my own path in the world.


2. What would your perfect day consist of?
A perfect day would consist of spontaneously exploring a new place.

3. Who do you miss and what do you wish you could say to them?
I miss people who've passed through my life and melded into the horizon. I wish them happiness.

4. Do you have a recurring dream and what is it about?
In my recurring dream, I am a thriving artist, yoga teacher and workshop leader. (I'm working on making this all a reality!)

5. Who inspired you as a child? Do they inspire you today?
I have always been inspired by writers. I'm captivated by the way writers can thread words together to break my heart, make me feel hope, laugh, ponder and savor beauty. Some of my favorites have included Barbara Kingsolver, Arundhati Roy, Anne Lamott, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and many, many more.

6. How do you hope you will be remembered?
Open-heartedly!

7. Is there a moment or an event you wish you could do over and why?
Nope! I'll stick to the Tantric perspective: Every event or situation in my life has come has a gift to help me recognize myself more fully.

8. What artwork would you like to own?
Currently, I love the artwork of artist Faith Evans Sills.


9. If you could have any talent, what would it be?
To be an incredible, uplifting, open-hearted and inspiring Anusara yoga teacher





10. Describe the best meal you ever had (or perhaps your dream meal) and who was with you (or would be with you?)
The best meals are the ones that my husband and I make at home together.
Lately, Penne alla Vodka has become our favorite!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

gina said...

Yay, so glad you like the award! It was fun reading your responses to the questions. Sounds like you know what your gifts are and how you want to use them. It's wonderful to have that clarity. And the penne alla vodka sounds great...I will have to try it!

Lis said...

I love reading these lists and getting to know everyone on a different level. Such lovely answers ... wonderful wishes coming true before our very eyes (so can i take an Anusara class from you when i'm on the Cape? And afterwards we can talk about all the writers that we both love!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails