Monday, April 26, 2010

Eliza Lynn, Where've you been?

IMG_1542
I didn't mean to disappear for so long! 
Perhaps some of you have been wondering where I've disappeared too...and to be truthful, I don't have a good answer. 
Sure, I've been busy:
~Finishing up yoga homework for my upcoming (and final part) teacher training (I finished this morning!)
~brainstorming and scratching out ideas for my final graduate thesis project and paper....I've got some exciting plans that might even include an installation/art show type thing!
~Socializing!
I had a wonderful few days with a dear friend who came to visit me for a few days last week.
I spent time with some family who were down visiting the ocean.
I went to a Senior Art show at Wheaton College (So much fresh, energetic expression!)
We went to a friend's house for a Lobstah dinnah (and got to witness a first timer open his lobster...it's all about hands on learning!)
and on Saturday, I got all dolled up and went with friends to the Boston Symphony Orchestra (14$ for nose-bleeder seats...totally worth it!)


IMG_1540

And, in between all of this, I've been working on this series of Mandalas, sacred circle paintings. 
I'm not sure what's going to happen to them next...but I'm loving making them.
It is a really meditative process and that turns these circles into reflections of my emotions and at the same time, transforms them. I'm getting back to the studio this afternoon to see where I can go with them!
IMG_1543

So, yes. That is what I've been up too these past few days of my silence. 
I wasn't planning on being silent for so long, but I fell into it anyway. 
I think that I am still learning how to be more visible in this online world. Sometimes I feel as though I don't really have anything to share, so why bother? Or I'll start a post, only to leave it in the edit box forever, unfinished. 
I go through these phases of quiet, introversion in my life too
and perhaps this blog (and my absence from it this past week)
is a reflection of that. 
Perhaps because I was so out in the world with all the socializing and such,
I didn't have the energy I needed to be that way on this blog.
This seems to be the balance I am trying to find everywhere in my life right now:
learning how to go both outward and inward enough and in the right proportion so that I don't wear myself to thin. So here's to finding the balance of outwardly and actively participating in the world, but also recharging enough (and I'm a person that recharges by going inward and being quiet) to not burn out!


Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

janene said...

loooove the new header - and the other mandalas too!
<3
light & love,
janene

Kat Sloma said...

I love your art, found you through Creative Every Day. I'm glad you are back to share some more!

gina said...

Your mandalas are so bright and happy! I have the same challenge-- how to balance blogging with the rest of my life. It's hard and seems to change week to week for me. I love the ideas and encouragement I get from the blogging tribe, but I get very restless sometimes and just don't want to sit at my computer.

Eliza Lynn Tobin said...

thanks all for the nice thoughts!

Janine said...

I can so empathize with what you mean about balancing the outward + inward, and about not wearing yourself too thin... my body has recently been telling me to slow down, which although reluctantly at first, I accept now as a blessing in disguise. Glad to hear that you are at least having some fun elsewhere, and hope you see more of your inspirations soon. x

Lis said...

Oh my ... you don't need to apologize for your online silence ... these Mandalas are stunning! Just post more because they are absolutely alive and pulsating with energy and beauty and emotion ...

i keep looking at your art and debating which piece i want for my yoga room ... and then you come out with more and i just sit here speechless before it all.

And with all the beauty of Spring and Summer coming to the Cape, I'm sure you will be balancing time outdoors with art time and writing and teaching ... enjoy all the choices you have made space for in your life! And congrats on finishing up your teacher training - jai bhagwan ❀ Lis

(we've found a couple of rentals on the cape for the summer ... fingers crossed one is available when we want to vacation!)

M.M.E. said...

Your mandalas are gorgeous. And yes, it takes a bit of effort to get your work out there but the benefits make it worth the try.

EricaG said...

Glad you are back! I've been taking a little blog break as well. Looking forward to posting this weekend. (I hope.)

aimee said...

i have no idea how you do these, but they are absolutely magnificent and i want to take a bite out of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails