Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Love-Energy Infusion

infusionflickr
"Infusion Mandala" Print of Mixed Media Original
(available in my etsy shop) 


I was looking around for inspirational readings about Solstice and the light of this time of year for the yoga class I'm teaching tomorrow and remembered a book called The Radiance Sutras I'd seen for sale at my yoga teacher training and that my fellow teacher training friend had talked about on her blog, Dancing Yogini. I looked up the book and found the following excerpts on the author's website: http://lorinroche.com


"there is a current of Love-energy
that flows between earth below and the sun above"


The "Infusion Mandala" painting (above) feels like this to me, like this infusion of love-energy that happens from the sun to earth. The mandala reminded me of a sunset, of the way the sun drops down and infuses into the horizon and reminds us we are a part of it, infused with it, that we are always connected to the light through this
Love-Energy.
Even in the coming darkness of sunset.
We are always one part sunshine, one part shadow.


I think "Love-energy" might be my new favorite phrase.


 I was so inspired, so excited
 I ordered the book! 




Here is another part of the The Radiance Sutras by Lorin Roche, Ph.D  
that stuck out to me:

(Version of Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, Verse 26)

"The One Who is at Play Everywhere said,
there is a place in the heart where everything meets.
Go there if you want to find me.
Mind, senses, soul, eternity, all are there.

Are you there?"

"Once you know the way
the nature of attention will call you
to return, again and again,
and be saturated with knowing,
'I belong here, I am home here.'

Answer the call."


Am I there? Am I answering the call? 
Yes, sometimes. Sometimes, no.
Do I know the way?
Yes, somedays. Somedays, no.
Some times and days are full light,
some are more like sunset.

For now, I'll take another step forward either way
because I belong here, I am home here.


I am, you are, we are:
Love-energy.


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

dancingyogini said...

OMG!! the whole book is like that. simply amazing, you're going to LOVE IT. it's all i can do not to just quote from there for every post.
i dig that image of love-energy you referenced. and i'm so interested that at solstice you are thinking of light and shadow. i'm usually just all about the light at solstice, but this year it was about light and dark for me too. and earth and sun. SO powerful.

gina said...

Your infusion mandala is so lovely--it really captures the love-energy concept. Great work! Inspiring quote-thanks for sharing.

Stephey Baker @ Marked By The Muse said...

"Once you know the way the nature of things will call you to return." This is priceless. I resonate with the energy deeply. I've found that my job in creating this creative life is to clear the path of what threatens the Dream from coming into fruition. If i make a practice of releasing what I am not I begin + continue to return to what I am - my natural state. It's the art of non-doing and in so doing all things emerge. thanks for this wonderful inspiration!

Have an inspiring day! stephey

ps thanks for the lovely compliment in the flying class.

Namaste~Heather said...

So glad you found me, because I also found you! You are a amazing artist. Looking forward to reading more of your blog too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails