Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Inspired by...

This week I want to share with you an artist that I've loved since I first found his work 
in a neat, artsy store in Jackson, WY. 
Not only is Brian Andreas an artist, he is also a storyteller. 
His short, sweet poem like stories touch upon deep truths in our human experience. 
I love how simple, yet profound both the words and images are. 
The colors and musings draw me in and captivate me:

AlmostNewAge
Almost New-Age
it says,
"Is willing to accept that she creates her own reality except
for some of the parts where she can't help by wonder
 what the hell she was thinking"
Brianandreas3

Big Strange Family
it says,
"I don't think of it as working for world peace,
he said. I think of it as just trying to get along
in a really big strange family."

brianandreas2
Angels of Mercy
it says,
"Most people don't know there are angels
whose only job is to make sure you don't get
 to comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life."


Andreas calls his characters, Story People and has created sculptures, kids posters and blocks, books (I have the one called Mostly True), cards, frames, and totes along with his prints and original sketches all featuring these inspiring, happy characters!
You can find it here at his website!

Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!






Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

linwood avenue said...

he is my absolute favorite. i get a book of his each christmas and last year for our anniversary, my husband gave me a sculpture - i was so excited!

Audrey said...

Thanks Eliza! I was inspired to share the Angels of Mercy quote by SMS with friends it's so good! Been visiting your blog for a while now since KRR course. Your work is truly beautiful & you share a lot of inspiration on your blog - thank you! I'm planning to buy a friend's birthday pressie from your Etsy shop in the coming week or so. Well done on your courage & willingness to share your journey.

Best wishes

Audrey x

Faith said...

Hi! I remember seeing his work years ago and loving it, his words and images go right to the heart. Thank you for reminding me.

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I NEED to print a copy of print #1-BRILLIANT!

EricaG said...

You've been busy. I love that you are sharing the work of other artists! Take care.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails