Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Five: Noticing Beauty

friday5banner
I haven't done a Friday 5 list in a couple of weeks, so I thought I would this lovely Friday! 
In the last few days, I've been thinking about the Root Chakra from yogic subtle body anatomy.
This is the energy center in our body that is involved with our sense of stability, security and groundedness.
According to The Book of Chakras, by Ambika Wauters, the spiritual activity for the root chakra is "noticing the beauty and perfection of the natural world".
So last night, after a steady evening rain shower in the place where I grew up,
I stepped outside to observe this beauty and perfection.
And I found it,

IMG_3287
1. 
in the way that nasturtium leaves can capture rain droplets and hold them like little beads of hope,

IMG_3303

2. 
in the way that ripening elderberries can hang heavily and yet the slender elderberry tree can still support their load,

IMG_3307
3.
in the way that a small, yet brave crimson leaf can be the first to fall,

IMG_3290
4.
in the way that Black-eyed Susans know how to live abundantly in August,

IMG_3310
5.
and in the way that rain showers always clear to sun, and that light always finds a way to cast itself into the darkness of sky.

In all these ways, I find beauty and perfection in the natural world
and perhaps in the looking, I also see a glimpse of it in those around me and in myself.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Beverley Baird said...

What a beautiful sharing! The photos and thoughts are lovely!
Have a great weekend!

jacqueline said...

Dearest Eliza, this is such a beautiful post! How wonderful to remind us all on such a beautiful sentiment of "noticing beauty"! Gorgeous photos too! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post! I've been inside way too much lately. You've inspired me to get out and observe some beauty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails