Monday, November 8, 2010

A New Yoga Painting

warrior1
It feels like it's been a really long time since I've completed any new paintings....Today, however, I finished three! (I will share them over the next few days!) It felt wonderful to paint again. I am yet again, invigorated and refreshed by the incredible healing power of the creative process...
This piece is called "Fearless Warrior" and I created it as an affirmation:

I am a fearless warrior, steady and committed to my path.

I am rooted and connected to my source and pulling and pooling all that I can into the core of my being. From that place, I can think and soar. From that place I extend back down through my feet, like an affirmation that says, ‘I am Here and I belong’. I exist on this sacred ground. From the core, I also shimmer upward and outward, beyond the periphery of my outer most limits of body. I am more than body, I am also earth and sky and the line between where I end and they begin is not as much line as it is light that blurs and bends. I am grounded and strong and yet soft and limitless, both light and dark, and I am holding both with my heart open. I lead my life from there and I engage the world, others, my challenges and successes with this same grounded-ness, this same softness. In this way,

I am completely free.

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

JodiB said...

Gorgeous, and I love the statement - I actually feel all of that from the painting

Liberty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liberty said...

wow.
I am totally stunned at the beauty of this piece.
I am so glad you exist and that I found your blog so that I can be touched by your talent!
~♥Thank you♥~

((sorry, I had to repost this because I forgot to click the box to be notified of other comments on this thread :))

Eliza Lynn Tobin said...

thanks Liberty and JodiB! How about you guys? How are you affirming your fearless warrior-ness? Let's hear it!

Lis said...

big sighs ...

okay, confession: so i am dreaming about doing my yoga practice because ... well ...

(no, really, i dream i am doing yoga ... trying to find the right class, mats everywhere, no room to unfurl mine ... hello mr. freud?)

and now i begin again ...

(have you found painting takes the place of meditating?)

xo lis

Liberty said...

good question!... I'm afraid I am not really... I have major fear of conflict and am rarely able to stand up for myself so this is an area I look forward to getting better in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails